While walking at the park today, I saw this “Indiana Pineapple”. Can you guess what this really is?
Category Archives: Photography By Adrian
Ice Dragon Eggs
Yesterday Mom was freezing balloons full of water to make ice candles so I decided to try a experiment. I took two water balloons and filled one up with hot water and the other with cold water and then put them in the freezer overnight. I had hoped that one ball would be clearer then the other. The experiment did not work how I wanted to though. When I removed the balloons from around the ice they looked very much alike. They were also frozen through so Mom could not put candles in them, then I had a idea.
I recently had a science experiment where I put salt on ice and the salt melted part of the ice. So I put some food coloring on top of the ice balls and then added salt. They were easy to make and looked like a ice dragon’s eggs. If you want to make some you will need:
- Balloons, any type (I used water balloon size)
- Food coloring, liquid or solid (“icing colors”), any colors
- A plastic knife if using solid food coloring
- Fill up balloons with water until desired size.
- Place in the freezer or outside (when weather is below freezing) overnight or longer until frozen through.
- Over a sink cut the balloons and peel the balloon pieces off the ice.
- If using liquid food coloring carefully drip desired colors around the top of the ice egg. (I think this will work)
- If using solid food coloring spread desired colors around the top of the ice egg with a plastic knife.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the ice egg.
- Let sit for a few minutes then put outside if cold enough or in the freezer on a pan and enjoy them.
Rufus and Friends
I have been growing garlic and onion in the house so that when it gets warmer I can replant them. The onion’s name is Rufus. The garlic on the far left is Gargon, on the near right of him is Wevil and Mite. The leaf on the right is Betle
The other day I made a robot out of some KNEXs, a few household supplies, a two-color LED, and some electronics.
The KNEX motor turns the wheels making the robot move. Adjusting the switch on top of the robot makes the LED turn red or green. Later I may add a third option that makes the light mix the red and green light together to make yellow.
Lesson learned, NEVER eat a whole habanero pepper all at once…
Exploring Wellfield Gardens
On Friday we went and explored Wellfield Gardens.*
We saw two geese get out of the water, walk in front of us and go back in the water.
Then I got pictures of a neat water fountain.
*Click on a picture to see all of it.
Pictures in the Park
A few days ago Momma, Megan, and I went to the park and took pictures.
(Click on a image to see all of it)
The Road Goes Ever On and On
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
(From The Fellowship of the Ring, By J.R.R Tolkien)
The other day I made a pet shop out of LEGOs. You can take the roof and the top floor off. The Lego people decided they liked the rat the best and bought it.